NaNoWriMo is Here!

National Novel Writing Month

NaNoWriMo is Here!

Well, I've done it.  Taken that big leap. Signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). It took about three minutes to decide, and the feeling of excitement and exhilaration I got from registering was intriguing.

So, for the month of November, I've committed to writing 50,000 words.  That's about half the word count for an average novel.  In 30 days.  A quick math calculation = 1,667 words per day.

Am I crazy?  Insane? Gone over the edge? Nup, just determined.  Sick of using all the same old excuses, and allowing life's dramas to get in the way of my dreams.

And what better way than to jump, head first, along with hundreds of thousands of fellow writers around the globe.

There are no plans, no major plot outlines, just an idea, a rough synopsis, an exercise book full of research notes, a desk, notebook, sharpened pencils, a supportive hubby who is willing to serve as my personal in-house barista.  What more could an aspiring author want.

Sunday, 1 November, I'll officially be a 'Wrimo'.  I'll let you know how I got on.





Comments

  1. Soooo, I won't be hearing from you in a while then? Lol

    I am sooo excited about reading this novel when you get to the end of this month!

    All the best babes! I've no doubt that you'll succeed at your endeavour. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts