Spring has Sprung!

First daffodil arrives at Horopito!
If the bright daffodils and bouncing lambs weren’t a sure enough sign of Spring’s arrival, then the warmer weather and the deep-rooted desire to clean, clean, clean surely must be!

I’ve always felt so much more alive when the spring bulbs come through and the barren trees sprout buds, the birdsong gets louder and the air smells green and fresh.  It gives me hope for another wonderful year ahead, and motivation to keep moving forward with goals and plans. 

Email inboxes have been cleared and organized, I’ve finally got around to rejoining that great time vortex called Facebook (purely for research purposes, and to learn how to create an author profile), and Instagram is my new favourite thing.


With NaNoWriMo just around the corner I certainly need to gear into planning mode with the novel manuscript, and get some prep work done with deeper character development and narrowing down some plot lines so I can start on November 1st with a clear vision.  I’m so excited!  If I work hard enough I could very well finish the manuscript by November 30th.

Dear Reader, I do need to reassure you that I haven’t been terribly idle over the past few months.  You may recall the challenge my dearest sister lay at my feet back in July, to only communicate using the written word. Well, we succeeded!   I attach photographic proof of all the lovely missives I received in the post.  How I loved to receive every single envelope. The most fun was certainly to be had the weekend after the challenge ended, when we met up and visited Passion for Paper in Newmarket.  Oh what a treasure trove of delicious stationery needs we treated ourselves to!

Thank you for reading my post today dear reader, and I promise to keep you updated on progress with NaNoWriMo.


What I’m currently reading: 
Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine

What I’m listening to on Audible: 
Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

What I’m listening to on Podcast: 
Undisclosed Season 2

Comments

  1. So inspiring Jessica, writing letters and posting them. I do remember what it was like to get a letter in the mail. It was actually exciting, especially if you have not heard from the sender in a while. Well done you two. Great blog about Spring. Winter is also lovely, but something about Spring you can'y beat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts